No spark -edis4

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

extremsplvr6

No spark -edis4

Post by extremsplvr6 »

First off the mj and edis is all used.Im pretty sure the ign module is bad but.....

I hook everything up as in the installation pics.Using the minimal required diagram.I have power and ground where I needed it.The ckp sensor is hooked up right.I tried it both ways to make sure.I scoped the ckp sensor and the inputs to the coil.I have good waveform from ckp.No waveform to either pin 1 or 3 at coil.pin 2 at coil has 12v.I dont have tps or map hooked up to the mj.This should not cause it not to have spark? :roll:
Just to make sure it was not the coil.I replaced.Still no spark?Mj has power.The green light is on with ign on.I have not plugged into the mj with my laptop yet.
Is saw 5v ref?And pip is 12v ref?Tring to figure out how to test the mj besides power and grounds?
I have looked over the full pinout diagram for the mj.But it should produce spark with just the minimal wires hook up right?(12v,ground,pip,saw)..Ready to pull my hair out..Any help would be great..

Spockie-Tech

Post by Spockie-Tech »

Read this thread - http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic. ... 6510#16510 for some troubleshooting steps.

Ignore PIP and SAW, disconnect the MJ, and get the EDIS running by itself first,
once its ticking, then you add the MJ into the system.