Dual switchable in configarations & option switch ???

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

markustremendus

Dual switchable in configarations & option switch ???

Post by markustremendus »

Hi folks hope you can help....
I plan to use the megajolt with a carb setup (on a 4age) with a steering wheel switch activated nitrous setup.......
My Question is........ can I use the said steering wheel activation switch 'as' the Option switch ? To retard the ign map whilst on the gas ? Is the switching instant?
And if that will work how can I make the map switch back when I'm not on the gas ???
Hope that makes sense......
Regards Mark :shock:

bmcdaniel

Post by bmcdaniel »

How you wire it depends on if your switch applies +12V or ground for the solenoids or a relay. The Megajolt option switch wire is normally held high by a pull up resistor, grounding that wire switches maps. A couple different ways to do what you want, just depends on what your switch is doing.

markustremendus

bmcdaniel wrote:How you wire it depends on if your switch applies +12V or ground for the solenoids or a relay. The Megajolt option switch wire is normally held high by a pull up resistor, grounding that wire switches maps. A couple different ways to do what you want, just depends on what your switch is doing.
Thankyou for the info
So if I get it wired the way you suggest.... when I press my steering wheel button it will ground and switch the map...... when I release will it switch back as the burst's of nitrous are usually very short, sometimes only a few seconds ? 8)

bmcdaniel

Post by bmcdaniel »

It should work ok but if you have another switch that you use to arm the nitrous system it might be better to use that. Then you know the ignition advance program has had time to settle. That's the way I ran my ignition retard box back when I used to spray.

markustremendus

bmcdaniel wrote:It should work ok but if you have another switch that you use to arm the nitrous system it might be better to use that. Then you know the ignition advance program has had time to settle. That's the way I ran my ignition retard box back when I used to spray.
Ok thx guys, I thing I'm going to set up the dual switching on its own how advised and see just how well it copes with map changes, if all goes well I'll link the N20 in series, if not I'll just have to run 2 maps.... one retarded and one not...... thx again 8)