Dump the Old Technology

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

smckie

Dump the Old Technology

Post by smckie »

Hello,

So last March my smog test came due and I failed... Again! I just cannot continue to use this 30 year old mikuni black box technology anymore. I want to control my engine so it runs as efficiently as possible.

If i remove the distributor and replace it with the EDIS/Megajolt combo is there a bolt on Throttle Body EFI system out there that can manage a 156 Cubic Inch 4 Cylinder engine? Is there anything out there that's easy to implement?

I looked into using a MSD Atomic because its such a simple conversion but people are saying that the my engine CFM is not high enough at idle for the Atomic to manage.

I am technical enough to handle fairly difficult tasks but i would like to know if my situation has a simple answer before I start heading down paths that require purchasing expensive equipment.

I would be grateful to hear any suggestions.

Best Regards

Scott

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, thanks for checking in. With the Megajolt system it's just crank fired ignition. if you want fuel and spark, you may look into the Megasquirt.

Having said that, with well tuned carbs and upgraded ignition, you'll be surprised how well your engine will run!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter