no advance control

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

dan97019

no advance control

Post by dan97019 »

Hello all, I have been running megajolt now for 5 years on my aircooled VW and it has worked flawlessly however I now have an issue,

About a week ago I started the car noticed it was running poorly so I hooked up the laptop and saw that I was not getting a RPM signal (TPS was working fine) and my timing was locked at 10 degrees both in the configuration window and verified with a timing light. So I checked the wiring and all seems fine then I checked the VR sensor and with engine cranking I'm getting 1-1.5v AC at the EDIS module and with the engine running I get 6-6.5v DC at the megajolt module , not being sure if that could be the problem I decided to check through the configuration settings and although I did not change anything prior to the issue in my engine parameters my number of cylinders had changed from 4 to 10, cranking advance changed from 5 to 76 and filter level was also at 70 something. So I reset the parameters and now its getting an RPM signal but although its showing in my timing configuration window that the timing is advancing as it should (both with and without the TPS hooked up) when I went to verify with a timing light its still showing that I am locked at 10 degrees at the engine.

Could this be an indicator of a bad EDIS module? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

parky1972

Post by parky1972 »

Is the voltage going into the unit at least 12v?
If not, I'd be looking at the alternator.

Jason.