Advance not matching table

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Jim Blackwood

Post by Jim Blackwood »

This is a bit odd. Now the rpm dial is reading correctly, however:

If I turn off the ignition and turn it back on, the controller seems to default to.... well, something different. The baro bins go up to 230 where I have them going from 15 to 100. And it runs bad until I open my tuning file and upload it to the controller, then it smooths out, advance responds correctly, and the RPM dial is correct.

Trying your test which I understood to be closing the configurator and re-opening it, seemed to make no change at all. It opened with the same tune it had when I closed it. But this was with the engine running.

If I turn off the ignition for any reason it reverts to that other tune, which also incidentally has the number of cylinders set to 4. Also the tuning map is different of course. Just closing Configurator and reopening it while the engine is running does not change the number of cylinders.

I can't seem to get it to save the tuning file to the controller in non-volatile memory.. Soon as it loses power it is gone.

Jim
MGB/455 Buick/Jag IRS/MJ Lite

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Jim,

After you upload the configuration, do you then press the 'flash' button in the app toolbar?
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/MJLJ_V4_ ... t_to_Flash
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Jim Blackwood

Post by Jim Blackwood »

Ah yes, thank you. That seems to have gotten it sorted out. Don't know how I missed that.

Everything seems to be working correctly now. Which is a puzzle, I still don't know what we did to fix it. I still don't understand why the advance wasn't tracking or why the RPM dial was winding up. But I won't complain.

Very helpful with a real puzzle. Thank you very much Brent.

jim

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Great. Glad we got it figured out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Jim Blackwood

Post by Jim Blackwood »

Yes, I suspect it was the combination of a corrupted file combined with not being aware of the need to do a separate "burn" to the controller, so we kept reverting to the bad file. About the only thing that makes sense.

Jim