Converting Megajolt T/E from MAP to TPS

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Taunus 12M

Converting Megajolt T/E from MAP to TPS

Post by Taunus 12M »

Hi all,

I have made serious changes to my engine and now with the lumpy cam i can't longer use the MAP sensor.
So i would like to convert to TPS,

Any help would be appreciated, I know i have to remove the MAP sensor, and solder some other componements on.
But i don't know the values and all the places on the board.

Greetings Glenn
Oldie's:

- Ford Taunus 12M P4 1964
- Ford Taunus Transit FK1250 1962

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Hi Glenn,

You can find the values in the Kit Assembly Guide. Or you can do it much easier and contact the guy one post below from the Netherlands who wants to do the reverse from what you want to do and propose a swap :idea: .

Alex

Taunus 12M

Post by Taunus 12M »

Hi Alex,

I can't find the guide that you say, do you have acces to it?
A swap is not a option i think because i have already modified my board for the launch control and flat shift that i use.

Ps, the V4 now produces 108HP and 146Nm, the engine is capable of 8000rpm, the limiter is now set to 6800 because the power drops and revving that high is not making the car faster :wink:
Oldie's:

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Hi Glenn,

It is under ''Assembly'', the Kit Assembly Guide: https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/MJLJ_V4_ ... mbly_guide.

Impressive performance of the engine. What carb do you use now, do I remember correctly it is a Weber 36 DCNF?

Alex

Taunus 12M

Post by Taunus 12M »

Thanks Alex,

The guide is perfect :D

Yes the carb is a 36DCNF with 29mm chokes in it (max diameter of the venturi).
I could go to 30mm chokes maybe but i'm gonne loose to much driveabillity i'm afraid.
Double DCNF is what i want in the future, but the intakes are just not affordable, but i want to make one myself :wink:
Or go the other way and go to sequential injection with a big center throttle bodie
Oldie's:

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

I started working on my double DCNF manifold quite recently after having laid abandoned for many years. Last summer I bought a small mill (bovenfrees) for wood milling, but it can also do aluminium. I am working on getting the mating surface for the rear carb ready for welding. Years ago I bought a set of 40 DCNF's With VW Beetle intakes and the top parts of these intakes will be used. To make everything fit under the hood of a Sonett you need to have the rear carb further back on the manifold than everything on the market (which is not a lot) accommodates for. In order to do that I needed to get rid of the dizzy, hence I Megajolted the car. The stump for the oil pump drive won't interfere. The main pain is getting the front carb situated. The cooling system with thermostat must be moved out of the way. I have my ideas, but it's taking one step at a time.

Alex