Mk2 Hard limiter no longer functioning

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Kyle_TSI5

Mk2 Hard limiter no longer functioning

Post by Kyle_TSI5 »

I’m in need of some help. I am running the MK2 unit, and overall am having great results. Up until yesterday when I had realized my limiter is no longer working, where it has previously in the past. (Loud bangs and pops, no more rev’ing) Currently, it hits the soft limiter, goes to 0 degrees advance, then continues to rev past the hard limiter. No matter what rpm it is set at. Same result with ignition map 1 and 2. I’m fully aware of the committing to flash feature and what not, so I don’t think I’m stepping on my toes there. More info, the limiter shows correctly on screen, rpm and commanded timing are correct, and the wiring is correct with appropriate gauge. Everything was working perfectly up until yesterday. Have there been cases of bad units? Software glitches? I’ve tried writing a new map from stock, with no luck either.

Any tips/tricks/advice would be much appreciated

brentp
Site Admin

Re: Mk2 Hard limiter no longer functioning

Post by brentp »

Can you post pictures of your unit so we know what hard rev limiter you have? Not sure what "MK2" means.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Kyle_TSI5

Post by Kyle_TSI5 »

It’s your current model unit. Listed as, “megajolt/E MK2”.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for clarifying. Can you describe how long you've had it running for successfully?

Can you also describe how you have the coil wired - is it only being powered by the megajolt through the coil output?

What coil pack are you driving with it?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Kyle_TSI5

Post by Kyle_TSI5 »

The build has been together and running like it should for 6 months, with the exception of the hard limiter. The hard limiter worked for maybe the first two weeks.

The controller is driving an accel Ford edis4 style coil back. Power for coil coming from the megajolt.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Could you try setting the rev limit to something very low, like 3000 RPM and describe how it behaves when you try to push past it?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Kyle_TSI5

Post by Kyle_TSI5 »

I had mentioned this briefly in my first post, no matter what the limiter is set to it will just retard the timing to close to 0 deg, but continue to rev past the set limiter.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi - thanks for the clarification. You can email [email protected] for further help on this.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter