Few questions regarding MegaJolt

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

M802138

Few questions regarding MegaJolt

Post by M802138 »

Looking at going EDIS on the race car. Small block Ford 440 cubic inch, runs on methanol, makes about 700hp. Injected (mechanical). Bracket racing; very occasional index racing.

Question #1. Will MegaJolt run on 16v system? I have a 16 volt battery in the car, needs to be replaced but would rather stay with 16 volt-if possible. If not I can pick up a 3 terminal battery no problem (one terminal runs the 12v accessories, the other is 16v for cranking).
#2. Is there an updated distributor or source for plug wire ends? Last time I looked into this, couldn't find a source for the terminals boots and clips for the coil end. I will make them myself.
#3, do ya think this is gonna work? I don't see why not but I thought I'd ask before I get too involved.

with that said, I ASSume I can run the MJ without a TPS or MAP. In my case it is really not needed. The car is simple, and works very, very well for what it is. Currently it is a standard 6AL box and MSD distributor, 10 degrees initial and 32 degrees max, all in by 1000 rpm. It has no need for "driveability" at all.

brentp
Site Admin

Re: Few questions regarding MegaJolt

Post by brentp »

Hi, the megajolt unit will work fine with 16v; we aren't sure if the EDIS module will be happy with that, but I'm guessing it should be fine as it is very close to the runtime 14.6v you see on a vehicle.

You don't need to run the load axis if you want 2D mapping; just get the TPS version and ignore the TPS input (tie the input to ground and only tune the first row of the ignition table.

Good luck with your installation!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

M802138

Post by M802138 »

What about RPM?

This thing makes peak power at 7400 and I run it out the backhalf of the track, sometimes sees 7800-ish. Stall speed in the converter is 6200 and change depending on temp.

Will the RPM be any issue with the EDIS-8 module or the MJ?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I googled "EDIS-8 max RPM" and found a link back to our forums:
viewtopic.php?t=2803

It seems that the max RPM for the EDIS-8 is 6000 RPM. It is higher for EDIS-4 and -6, due to the fewer number of cylinders.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter