Firmware update not working - help please - I'm new!

Information and announcements on updates to the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi i thought i was having the same problem with my MJ as i bought mine around the same time, but i have just pulled out and dusted off an old compaq presario running Win95 i had in the loft and gave that a go with a proper serial lead (took 12 mins to download config. dial up :evil: ) it went through first time and works perfectly - no probs with writing reading or changing maps and that TPS calibrator is brilliant!!!

Well done Brent i'm a happy boy now. Just gotta fill up the gearbox and bleed the brakes and straight out for a road test!!!

Thanks again :wink:

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Glad it worked!

All, remember that the hc08prg.exe application does not like certain USB->Serial adapters- usually the 'cheaper' ones. So, before suspecting the MAX232 issue, try doing an upgrade with a computer that has a standard serial port. It can save you the headache of desoldering / resoldering the MAX232!

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Trying to load new version of Firmware (V3.2.1) but experiencing similar problems as mentioned earlier in posts.

Have replaced MAX232 with a MAX232ACPE (in the hope I do not need to solder in the capacitors) and now get as far as
Waiting for HC08 reset ACK...received 0xfc (good).
Calibration break pulse sent. Count: number just keeps increasing been as high as 300+ and as low as 3

then receive 'Can't read MCU', 'Forgot to set single wire mode?'

Unfortunatly only have access to a USB port at present so am using a USB to 232 converter cable.

Any help would be much appreciated.

If I need to go down the road of fitting capcitors are they just soldered in with exsisting capacitors or do they need to be removed and new ones fitted.

Once again thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arnie

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The fact you received this message: "Waiting for HC08 reset ACK...received 0xfc (good). " is good.

Best recommendation is you find a PC with regular serial port- if needed, power the unit on the bench with a fresh 9V battery.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Brent,

Thanks. Will try and track one down. Will post how I get on.

Cheers,

Arnie.

Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Brent,

Update on problem.

Managed to get an old PC with a serial port up and running. Carried out the instructions and loaded first time. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Arnie.