NSIS Error with configuration software

Information and announcements on updates to the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

bmcdaniel

NSIS Error with configuration software

Post by bmcdaniel »

Trying to download and run v4.0.2 configuration software. When I try to run I get a message:

NSIS Error – Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer’s author to obtain a new copy.
More information at:
http://nsis.sf.net.NSIS _Error

Tried running the application from the cmd prompt with a /NCRC switch but get the same error message. Tried clearing my browser cache and some simple things like that. Downloaded the program several times. No luck.

Any ideas what I can try next? I have a Dell E1705 machine still running Windows XP. Thanks.

bmcdaniel

Post by bmcdaniel »

Is the software available on disc?

Lazeum

Post by Lazeum »

I have installed a version on a laptop yesterday I've downloaded from the website, everything went well.

I might be a windows problem. Can you for instance get MS Update to work? or do you have a error #?
Can't it be due to Net Framework or MS installer?
Last edited by Lazeum on Tue May 14, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mathieu

bmcdaniel

Post by bmcdaniel »

Thanks. Trying a workaround. Downloaded the file on my computer at work and copied to my thumb drive. We'll see tonight. I can't install and run at work because I don't have Administrator privileges.

bmcdaniel

Post by bmcdaniel »

Copying the file from my work computer to a thumb drive and then to my home computer worked. Someday I'll have to figure out why my home computer didn't like the file.

Lazeum

Post by Lazeum »

That's computer's magic mechanical people will never understand.
Good to have the issue solved, that's all that matters! :D
Mathieu

bmcdaniel

Post by bmcdaniel »

I also found out that Google Mail (work) doesn't like to send applications as attachments to emails...
Neat program now that I have it running with the Megajolt on the bench.