Custom Firmware??

Information and announcements on updates to the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

knastenrad

Custom Firmware??

Post by knastenrad »

I'm trying to connect the Mj to a VW EFI system using the tacho output to send signals to the EFI brain. I have hooked up a oscilloscope and looked at the pulses that the original VW ignition module sends to the VW EFI. So far , my conclusion is that it sends twice the amount of pulses as the RPM og the engine.Only the frequency gets higher.
It's a 4 cylinder engine with EDIS 4
Thats why i wonder if it is possible make a custom Firmware to alter the Firmware /string so the tachoutput sends twice the amount of "pulses" as it normally does.
I asume the 8 cylinder part of the firmware sends twice the pulses out on the tacho output??
So maybe i can Copy/Paste the 8 cyl string into the 4 cyl area that contains the Tacho output.

So can anybody tell me where this area is in the Firmware source??

I have a couple of friend's who is into programming so i can get some assistance there.
I asume the Tachooutput goes LOW when it triggers? i need a high12V signal , but thats no problem to convert through a Optocoupler or similar.

Oliver Sedlacek

It should be do-able because

Post by Oliver Sedlacek »

It should be do-able because the EDIS-4 sends two pulses per revolution to the megajolt on the PIP signal. Instead of fixing the firmware you could try strapping the PIP signal through to the tacho.

Personally I'm still unable to assemble the firmware, much to my annoyance. I can't get stuff compiled by SDCC to do anything, Codewarrior says the output exceeds 1k demo limit and Cosmic don't do a free version for the KX8 :(

Oliver Sedlacek

I've got my C version of the

I've got my C version of the Megajolt going :)
Let me know if you want a copy.

brentp
Site Admin

I'd love to see it. Why

Post by brentp »

I'd love to see it. Why don't you post the .zip into the files section?

I'm going to revamp the downloads section and make available the latest firmware with the interpolation enabled.

Regards,
Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Oliver Sedlacek

Done.

Done.