COP 4 cylinder - 924s/944 & other content - Very Long Po

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Dean924s

Post by Dean924s »

Well I did it. I got new motor (used) and now that my son wants dads Porsche to run again it looks like if I can carve out the time this summer we will swap the motors. I have also been piecing together a 3l motor in my basement but that is a long way off.

So with a little luck the old 924s will live again.
Respectfully

Dean

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Crazy! Keep it running and share pics :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Dean924s

Re: COP 4 cylinder - 924s/944 & other content - Very Long Po

Post by Dean924s »

Decided to follow up on this. The old 924s is still slumbering waiting for a new motor. I almost burnt it to the ground due to a fuel leak in the high pressure fuel line that comes over the motor to the rail spraying a fine mist of fuel everywhere. IT is hard to believe I started this journey back in 2008 and here we are in 2021 13 years. My 16 year old son was three when I started this!!!! A lot has changed here at Autosport labs and it is cool to see that.

I don't know what the future of my car is. I picked up a new to me rare 89 MO30 optioned 951 (944 turbo) that had more parts in box's than on the car. It will need to go standalone due to the wiring harness being hacked in to by some one. I was thinking that the MJLJr could live on in that. Another really cool thing is that my son is now 16 and he loves computers. This is a really cool way to introduce him to how computers integrate with cars and and the changes you make on the screen have a direct mechanical change to the car. I have shown him the on screen stuff on one of my lod laptops and he is fascinated by it. (there really are real world uses for a computer other than CSGO ;-) )

Anyway once again a huge thanks to Brent for this product. The car actually wore out and stopped running but the MJLJr kept on going strong.
Respectfully

Dean