Capri on Megajolt

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Craigorypeck

Capri on Megajolt

Post by Craigorypeck »

Here is my 1978 Capri III 2000s that I megajolted over xmas

I seen a few dissy mods done that have the coil pack set up on top so I copied that idea.
Col (capri_turbo) has this done and his site was very helpful.
The bottom part of the dissy needs to remain in place to drive the oil pump.
I didn't have a lathe or any nice tools! So the hacksaw, hammer and a 30 year old welder were in full effect..

Came out not to bad

To fit the trigger wheel I just put the crank bolt through the 12mm hole in the trigger wheel and hand tightened till the crank sensor mount was in place.
The generic sensor mount I ordered was nowhere close to fitting so with a hammer and a bit of metal work I had a pretty sturdy mount fixed to the extended sump bolts. With the sensor in place I turned the wheel to the relevant tooth, tightened the crank bolt and drilled and tapped a small bolt to stop it turning.

Then came the wiring which was fun! No pics of that...
The edis 4 mounted behind the battery on a plastic box as the tray usually fills with damp crap

Thats about it....
Apart from the Tacho.
After a few attempts I got it working- eventually with a tacho from a late 85 model..
Thanks Megajolt team for all the help along the way!

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Hey

Great to see some pics at last. I hope those hyperdermics in the second pic aren't for anything unthwart, lol.

Am i right in guessing those are some weber side draught carbs? What you using for a load sensor? TPS or MAP??
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

Craigorypeck

Post by Craigorypeck »

LOL Can you not tell by the state of the work bench and the quality equipment that it's a farmyard best!

Yip a set of weber 40s with a tps on the side.. good power but terrible mpg! Rolling road soon but if that dosent cure it I'm gonna change to maybe a single 45 on a lynx manifold if I can find one!!

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

Nice to see another Capri running MJLJ. Nice to see the original info from my own Capri install is coming in useful to others. Mines been on for nearly 3 years now and not had one single failure or even a hiccup. Brilliant system, well suited to the Pinto.

Going to MJLJ my 2.8i Turbo next... that should be fun :?

Col