my nova (vauxhall)

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Swedge

my nova (vauxhall)

Post by Swedge »

well thought id post up some pics of my set up

this is my 1990 vauxhall nova (corsa in the rest of europe)

it was originall a 1.0 4 speed carb which couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding haha, i then fitted a 1.4 8v multi point injection from a vauxhall cora sri 82bhp

got bored quick and bought another nova for basicly nothing really just for the engine

the engine is from a 1987 vauxhall cavalier sri which is a 2.0 8v multi point injection, i ditched the injection set up in favour of some yamaha r1 bike carbs

the mods include

274 cam from auto sprint
port and polished head done by myself
yamaha R1 bike carbs
bogg bros inlet manifold (well recommended company and can make a manifold for anything all they need is a gasket)
2" exhaust system with no cat
all heat wrapped too

fully enging bay strengthening kit
front strut brace
fully polly bushed front and back
coilovers
corsa sport interior with nova GSI dash
Mk2 astra digi clocks for the speedo and revs etc
2.0 brakes from a calibra
mk2 astra gte teardrop alloys

originally the engine is 130bhp and are really bulletproof, im hopping for 150 and any more is a bonus :)

the trigger wheel used was purchased from triggerwheels in the uk, i bought a twin v pulley for this engine and turned down the outer v as it wasnt being used which gave me a good place to mount the trigger wheel which would keep it centered. all i had to do next was machine out the trigger wheel with a lathe to makeit an interferance fit then welded it on front and back

my setup can be used and any 2.0 8v or 16v vauxhall engine as they have all the same block just for future referance

i have ran the ecu into the car and then into the glovebox and secured with some velcro tape so i can remove when i want

the engine hasnt been run yet due to our crap british weather this week but all that needs doing is the exhaust fitted and a fuel line ran from my facet fuel pump, im also using a filterking regulator

ive had the engine turning over and i am getting spark so does this mean my sensor is actually working along with the trigger wheel? i know it will only be at cranking advance but how does the ecu know when its cranking? signal from the crank sensor?

thanks for reading

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

Very cool. I really dig the bike carb setup.
AUTOSPORTLABS
NonStop Tuning
www.86garage.com

"Poverty is not a virtue."

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

not much power difference between these and webbers and these are alot cheaper

toenee

Post by toenee »

Daves (boggy senior) a great guy and the 8 valve vauxhall is one of his favourite engines. Did he set it up on the RR, known him for over 20 years, he'll be well into his seventies now.

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

no it hasnt seen a RR yet, plus im miles away from him

yeah when i phoned them they seem to know thier stuff

toenee

Post by toenee »

If you have no luck around your area and decide to get dave to set it up. Let me know and I'll meet up with you and show you the way. Always enjoy a trip over there.

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

big smiles :)

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

^^ Video link.

Really like this installation! Engine seems to run well. Do you have a bracket knocking somewhere?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

yeah i was having problems with the timing belt sliding across the pulley :shock:

there was a washer behing the lower timing belt pulley that shouldnt have been there so was making everything go where it shouldnt

because the belt move it damage a shield type thing that runs around the pulley for the water pump, its nothing serious but will get it sorted when the rain stops :)

i was actualy quite surpised how it runs considering ive never seen this engine run before

after a few seconds of choke i can turn it off and it idle perfect, im getting a slight backfire through the carbs but it will all be sorted in time

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

some of the mods i have done to the engine myself

hydraulic lifters, a right pain in the ass but will save your ass if your timing belt goes haha

im a bit of a picture whore as you can see lol

the engine standard is 130bhp
i have a cam from autosprint in birmingham who claim it should give 10bhp
port and polished all by myself
yamaha r1 bike carbs
bogg bros manifold
obviously megajolt
4-2-1 exhaust manifold with a 2.25 exhaust all heat wrapped

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

just a small video i made after fitting a new water pump, engine is running without an ecu atm so its only running on the edis

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

huge thanks to brent for repairing my ecu :) it came back today so got it all hooked up and took a small video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkkcRTp ... ature=plcp