Work in Progress 1973 240z L28 Blowthrough Turbo Project

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Mildsquare

Work in Progress 1973 240z L28 Blowthrough Turbo Project

Post by Mildsquare »

Hey All, My name's Chris and I live in Sin city ( las vegas) Nevada
I have a 1973 240z that's going to undergo a turbo conversion using old school tricks with a new school twist. I will be utilizing a standard 280zx motort with a standard log manifold and T3 Turbo along with triple 45 Sk Carburetors mated to an Hks Type 1 turbo surge tank.
I didn't want to go efi and I didn't want to lock my dizzy and go, Luckily I stumbled across mega jolt on two different forums discussing Blow through ignition setups, so thought I'd check it out and Decided that it should help me get my project going knowing that It's suitable and tailored to what I want to do.

posted a link below to my build thread from another site( hope that's ok). but once I get Megajolt up and running I will be on here so much you guys might ban me, lol.

http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showtopic=31968
Speed Lab Automotive
Revive Garage

Mildsquare

Post by Mildsquare »

Finally got the carbs on the car,just awaiting some fabbed up linkage parts to get this baby going goin, my edis stuff is ready, now i just need the jolt and i'll be in buisness. The manifold pictured is not the one ill be using. I have a mikuni short style manifold that will be going on as it gives way more clearance than the TWm pictured. The surge tank has less than an inch of space from the shock tower.
Speed Lab Automotive
Revive Garage

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Awesome! Blow through turbo!

Would be really interested to see your design for the trigger wheel and sensor bracket. When will you be working on that project? We have a 240z project car that's waiting to be converted to Megajolt.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Mildsquare

Post by Mildsquare »

I'm gonna copy my buddies design. He used a Diy autotune trigger wheel and used an L bracket from the hardware store mounted to where the AC Bracket would normally go. http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t178 ... 91250b.jpg
Only Difference is I'm gonna have the end where the vr is mounted, welded together for more strength. He' has the setup on his l28et 260z and it hasn't failed him yet.
Speed Lab Automotive
Revive Garage

Mildsquare

Post by Mildsquare »

I had a linkage issue with the mikuni manifold, ebay ftw!! I going to convert to cable,using a lokar kit and new linkage pieces i found on line. I hope to have the carbs and megajolt imstalled with in the month. I will post pics when i can, wish me luck!
Speed Lab Automotive
Revive Garage

Mildsquare

Post by Mildsquare »

Got the damn things in!!! I fubard the Cable linkage, so i just used the stock components with a modified linkage rod I got from the local hardware store and the throttle linkage i bought online. My Roomate is a genius with sidedrafts and dialed them in with me. its a huge difference going from the su's to the 45's. they still need a few things sorted out, like the fuel banjo on the #1 carb. Other than that these guys rock. now its time to sell my twm manifold and install Megajolt Wahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speed Lab Automotive
Revive Garage

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

I love solex/mikunis! That's boss that you have the old school HKS turbo manifold for the L28!
AUTOSPORTLABS
NonStop Tuning
www.86garage.com

"Poverty is not a virtue."

Lazeum

Post by Lazeum »

Any update since the last post on this build?
I'm going through the process on my L28 currently. It would be interesting to get some feedback.
I'll create my own thread when I'll get ready to proceed ;)
Mathieu