'Thumbs Up'

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

henry

'Thumbs Up'

Post by henry »

I have just installed a Megajolt on my 51 year old Land Rover (which goes by the name of Henry).......and what a difference! OK, so it is no 'race' engine but it now pulls like a train, allows me to climb inclines that previously would have meant changing down a gear (or two!) and has completley transformed it. I have installed the map from the library on here and may end up tweaking but so far so good. Obviously the old Lucas dizzy was past its best but.....
So a big 'thumbs up' to Brent and all those of you have been involved with the development of this product.
cheers
Dave

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Henry,

thanks for the feedback- and we're so happy things are working well for you. I moved this post to the "Powered by" section, please post a picture of your Land Rover and maybe some pictures of the installation!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

henry

Post by henry »

OK Brent, so here you go - hope it is useful and the pictures attach OK
Just to be clear mine is an ex-military engine so the crank pulley is a bit different. It has two grooves from which I drive two alternators. The timing cover is a little different form standard too which enabled me to fit the trigger wheel to the rear of the pulley and not in front as others have done. Also I have a brake servo fitted so I have tapped into that connector on the inlet manifold to provide the MAP sensor take off. If anyone wants more pics or info then email me separately.
Cheers
Dave
[/img]
Attachments
4cylLR5.jpg
4cylLR5.jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 16418 times
4cylLR1.jpg
4cylLR1.jpg (47.62 KiB) Viewed 16418 times
4cylLR4.jpg
4cylLR4.jpg (35.59 KiB) Viewed 16418 times

Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Love this. Good work. I have Hured of it on 2.25's but not seen one yet. Any thoughts on water ingress when wadding witch was my consurn. A lucus dizzy hates water but iv rebuilt mine moor than once after a oops when wadding. Couldn't Do that to a megajolt in the woods. At least I couldn't.

cng1

Post by cng1 »

One of the joys of the EDIS setup is that all the components are completely waterproof. We have a demo system that we use at shows where all the components sit underwater in a fish tank, the only thing sticking above water is the tips of the spark plugs!

Our really extreme off-roading customers put the Megajolt ECU inside a watertight box and secure that to the headlining in the cabin. That way if the driver can still breath then the ECU will be just fine.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Ok. I consider myself told. Lol.

Really though that's boath amazing an very cool. Maby I need two megajolts now lol. Anyway I'm mooving of the op's topic. Sorry.

Nice setup. Thumbs up indeed.

henry

Post by henry »

Hi Leon
Thanks for the praise!! I think I have seen you on the Series2 club site?
Anyway as said there are basically no moving parts to this installation (as the man from Trigger-Wheels says) and the coil pack, plug leads and edis4 unit are all mounted as high up under the bonnet as possible (see pics). They are also pretty much waterproof too (apart from the Megajolt ECU!!) - the plug leads being the old Fiesta ones and really thick. What you can't see from the pics is that I have left my old dizzy in place and put an old cap on it. I plan to seal it completely (maybe even refit the old marigold glove to keep the moisture out) - if I ever need to re-use the dizzy then all I ave to do is get the rotor arm, cap and leads out from under the seat box - reconnect it all to the plugs and old coil (which you can see still attached to the bulkhead) and within minutes I will be away!! However, I don't expect the megajolt to let me down...and I have a few spares on board for that too!
My only concern is if I pick up something between the trigger wheel teeth when wading and it damages the crank sensor - but there are few others around who have fitted these and so far I have not heard of that happening - so fingers crossed!cheersWell worth the time & expense doing this though!!!
dave
PS should have added that the Megajolt ECU is safely installed in the passenger side of cuby hole / dashboard inside - OK I suppose I could have gone for the 'extreme' option up high etc but I figure if I am in water that deep then the ECU is the least of my worries :o