1964 Ford Taunus 12M 1500cc V4

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Very neat work! I was thinking of using a ball- or roller bearing at the top of the dummy dizzy, but to get that installed is more of a challenge.

Yesterday I tried whether diodes would change the reading of the coolant gauge. It didn't :D so this opens the way to hook up behind the clockwork and use the wire that runs to the sensor.

Alex

Taunus 12M

Post by Taunus 12M »

Very promissing!

keep me posted on it :wink:

And thank's for the positive comment! :D
Oldie's:

- Ford Taunus 12M P4 1964
- Ford Taunus Transit FK1250 1962

Taunus 12M

Post by Taunus 12M »

A question for brentp,

In the configurator of the aux input i can't enter 7.35 as a value.
I want this because i'm planning to hooking it up with a AFR meter.

Is there a way to enter numbers after the . ? like 7.35?

Thanks in advance,

Taunus 12M
Oldie's:

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Hookup works, but I got a slightly lower reading on the temp gauge now :( . I will experiment with the setup this long weekend and post update when it works as wanted.

Alex

Taunus 12M

Post by Taunus 12M »

With all the changes i made to the Taunus his engine i was curious to see the improvements!
So i did a dynorun with him!

I hoped for a little more horsepower but the torque is great and instantly! The engine was stock 60ps, no idea about the torque. Here's the graph :wink: It now produces 74.3ps and 122nm off torque, and the graph is really smooth, not bad i think because i did all the tuning myself, the carb and the ignition map :wink:
Without the megajolt it was never possible to get so much torque in the low rev's, i already noticed it when installed but now i have the proof :D

And here a quick vid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibGG63hKpW0
Oldie's:

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Great job, fine looking figures. Do I see correctly that you use an exhaust with a sidepipe?

Alex

Taunus 12M

Post by Taunus 12M »

Alex B wrote:Great job, fine looking figures. Do I see correctly that you use an exhaust with a sidepipe?

Alex
Yes it is! :P It is totally hand build by me from stainless steel. Allot less restrictive than the original one! :wink:
For now it is only the middle Y-muffler and the side-pipes. Soon it will be like stock to the back with a little extra muffler with good flow :D

And thank you, i also like the figures! today also made a drive off 250km, and i can tell you many people make the mistake when pulling up against me, the torque from zero is really used to full potential! :twisted:
Oldie's: