Ford V10 controller

What would you like to see? Post your suggestions here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

jeffro1234

Ford V10 controller

Post by jeffro1234 »

I would like to run a Ford V10. I think these are coil on plug and all are individually fired? I can't find any detailed info on the web about this particular engine ignition system. If there was any way that the up and coming versions of the Megajolt could run this it would be nice.

sunray

Post by sunray »

you are refering to the triton 6.8L. I am a Ford/Jag tech and can tell you with certainty that the engine uses both sequential Fuel injection and ignition. It is a system called integrated EDIS that uses a 36-1 trigger wheel but that is where the similarity ends.

You need to have 2 cmp phasers and the ckp sensor input for it to run. Because of the complications with it you are better off running a factory pcm and harness or a stand-alone engine management. Hope this helps!

jeffro1234

Post by jeffro1234 »

Thanks for the reply. I only want to run the ignition system as this engine is going to be running on propane or natural gas. I also read somewhere over the weekend that this engine has a 40 tooth trigger wheel. Ill go out and count one and confirm the tooth count plus all the factory sensors are there so it should be usable for an aftermarket type control.

EDIT: Confirmed-V10 has a 40-1 tooth crank sensor ring