mk1 capri zetec

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Fueljunkie

mk1 capri zetec

Post by Fueljunkie »

Here are some links to the engines first run on megajolt.

Its an 1800 zetec with twin 40 dellorto's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nq59oLICKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjjnm0po90Y

sorting out bellhousing issues then it will be offered up to the engine bay of this!

sierra2dr

Re: mk1 capri zetec

Post by sierra2dr »

Lovely Capri,I associated the MK1 with my birth year. I remember seeing one whilst living in Germany at a Classic Ford show which had the same month and year,March 1971. It was born when I was born :D
Fueljunkie wrote:sorting out bellhousing issues then it will be offered up to the engine bay of this!
Would that mean having to reshape the tunnel?

Fueljunkie

Post by Fueljunkie »

Hi thanks, it is one of the nicer ford shapes!! :D

No, re shaping of the tunnel :shock: thank god! Its more of a mess up on my count.

I looked on various forums on what is needed for the conversion and they all suggest that most of the RWD gearboxes are all interchangeable between most bits of ford.

But the crossflow bell housing in the video does not accomodate a type 9 gear box.

Have a sierra bell housing on the way now, just puts a little delay on the whole project!

molecular bob

Post by molecular bob »

That bell housing will hold a type 9 box (at least it should, the bolt pattern looks right), unless the type 9 you have is a long input shaft one out of a v6. In which case caterham do a spacer plate to allow for the extra length of the input shaft.

Apologies.

Just looked at the second U tube clip and now i'm not sure that a type 9 will fit. It may still be worth checking the input shaft length of the box that you have, to ensure that the new bellhousing works with the box. The long input shaft box is stronger and has better ratios, but will need a spacer between the box and bellhousing.
In the lab or in the car