Not sure with voltage checks

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

didly

Not sure with voltage checks

Post by didly »

Hi all, received my kit the other day (thanks Brent) and started to put it together tonight. All has gone well so far but i do have a small issue that has got me a little confused. Bare with me as i hope people can understand what i am trying to say.

Fitted all the power supply components and hooked up a 9v battery as described. Reading at GND +V-supply is 8.08V
Verifyed 4.95V at test point between D1 andR9
Varifyed 4.95V at the GND and +V-supply pins at U1
This is the voltage check that has confused me a little, " IC1: verify approximately +V-supply (about.6 Volts lower than +V-supply) across the IC1 CD+ and GND pins" the voltage i read here is 7.4V.

Does this sound correct

Thanks

Mik

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Mik

Yes that sounds fine as 8.08v - 0.6v equals 7.48v, so your very close and nothing sounds out of order here. The 0.6/0.7v voltage drop is due to a diode in the circuit.
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

didly

Post by didly »

Thanks for the reply nitropixie never hurts to ask if your a little confused at 2:00 in the morning . Anyway finished the unit of tonight hooked op to desktop and all seems to be working fine. Just one small question thou is it as simple as unplugging my V3 and plugging in the V4.

Thanks Brent another satisfied customer

Mik

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Not quite. The V4 molex has more pins than the V3 molex so you will need to attach the V4 molex to your loom I'm afraid.
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available