Where to find shielded wire.

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

edgecrusher

Where to find shielded wire.

Post by edgecrusher »

Hi, all. Just did a search and couldn't find anything on where to pick up the shielded wire. Just wondering where everyone get theirs. I live in the states in the great lakes region.
thanks

edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

will coaxial work? i wouldn't think so...

BRUCEROE

shielded wire

Post by BRUCEROE »

For the VR pickup, you need a twisted wire pair inside a shield (3 conductors), which is grounded at the EDIS end. That isn't coax which has only 2 conductors. I used some off an old roll of alarm sensor wire, guess I could spare some. Bruce Roe

Gilesy998

Post by Gilesy998 »

Microphone cable with a braided screen is perfect and cheap

edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

these are all great suggestions and I thank you, but I was hoping for some specific stores where they sell it ;)

speedmerchant

Post by speedmerchant »

Look in the phone book for "electronics supply" stores in your town. To order online use aircraft spruce. I used a 16 gauge shielded wire from my local store.

Best,

Jeff

BRUCEROE

shielded wire

Post by BRUCEROE »

Be sure there are 2 wires in addition to the shield. How long do you need, what is your address? Bruce Roe

edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

We've got one decent electronics store in Grand Rapids and most the stuff in there is from the eighties lol. They didn't have anything big enough. Bruce PM sent.