MAP bulkhead fitting

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Sven

MAP bulkhead fitting

Post by Sven »

Hey Brent,

Where do you get the brass bulkhead fittings you use for the MAP host on the MJLJ? I want to buy some so I can build a MAP reservoir.

Thanks ...

-Steve

brentp
Site Admin

Hi Sven,

Post by brentp »

Hi Sven,

The brass bulkhead fittings can be purchased from <a href="http://www.mcmaster.com">McMaster Carr</a>, part #44555K119 .

For building a MAP reservoir you could also use a small hose-barb connector to 1/8" NPT fitting. Try searching your local auto parts store.

Best of luck
Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Sven

Thanks ...

Post by Sven »

Thanks ...

Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

This is the response i get from Mcmaster-Carr if i try to buy anything from them...

I'm obvioulsy not one of their special customers

David,
Due to the ever-increasing complexity of U.S. Export regulations, McMaster-Carr has decided to only accept orders from a few, long-established customers of ours overseas. We cannot accept your order, and regret any inconvenience this causes you.
Your order has been cancelled.
Kathy

this is from the chicargo sales team...i'm off to try NJ ATL LA and Cleavland...Kathy has invoked a determination to succeed, in me, that i haven't felt since Rebecca Williams wore"that dress" to year 9 end of term party.

toodle pip
Dave

BRUCEROE

Post by BRUCEROE »

McMaster-Carr is Chicago area based. I have great respect for them. I'm close by, orders shipped cheapest way arrive in one day. What you need is someone USA side to order them, then privately forward the stuff. good luck, Bruce Roe

Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver »

Top tip for a reservoir... if you want OE look...

VW's in hte 80's use a vacuum reservoir attached to the carb system - VAG part no 049129808C

Similar to this

Audi also used one (in Black) - VAG part no - 054129808

Just if folks are looking for something that is OE, it might help :)

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

...Also found on soviet era space probes :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter