A series Mini Sport mode switch?

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

sizefive

A series Mini Sport mode switch?

Post by sizefive »

This is my first post so i apoligise if i am in the wrong place...

I have a 1293 Stage 3 Mini running with a megajolt lite and hard rev limiter. just got it all running last week.

I was wondering as you can have 2 maps with a switch...... and I have an inline fuel pump but not wired to the power as yet, as i am running off a mechanical pump... could I use one single on/off swicth to to change maps turn on the fuel pump and possibly switch the hard rev limiter on?

Or would you suggest 3 seperate switches? or do you have a better suggestion?

thanks

Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver »

Personally I would keep them separate someway.

Not sure if it's possible, but you could have one switch to trigger the map, that then uses two Aux outputs to trigger the fuel pump and rev limiter individually, it'll depend of course if you have them free (the aux's).

Just a thought, and I'm sure someone with better knowledge of the inner working would be able to confirm / debunk what I've put :D

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

I personally would leave the hard rev limiter on all the time. Can't you have different hard limits with each map? Or is it global? Been so long since I've programmed it I can't remember.

One switch, connected to three separate relays would do what you ask though. Relay one, power to fuel pump, relay two, switch to map two with a ground, relay three, UNbridge the power in and out of the limiter to enable it.

Easy peasy!

sizefive

Post by sizefive »

Thanks for your input - I will look in to the rev limiter it would make sense to keep it for both settings if possible.

This was my thinking....

1). in line fuel pump power on switch

2). map 2- rev limiter raised very slightly

3). map 2 = enhanced power map with extra fuel pressure on tap

4). raise shift light RPM to a slightly higher setting.

So basically not running at absolute full whack all the time, but a Sport mode type switch/es should I track it or need to make it away from the lights fast.