Hi new to megajolt, can anybody help with a BMW 325 map?

Browse and share Ignition Configurations in this forum

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

JT1

Hi new to megajolt, can anybody help with a BMW 325 map?

Post by JT1 »

Hi, i am very new to megajolt, i am converting my 1990 BMW E30 325i M20 engine track day car to run on bike carbs and megajolt, can anybody help with a base map using TPS so that i have point to work from before it goes to the rolling road, thanks, John

Spockie-Tech

Post by Spockie-Tech »

If you used to run a dizzy in the car, get a dizzy shop to graph the curve that was in your old distributor on a pieve of graph paper for you (they spin it up on a machine), also how much the vacuum advance (if you ran it) effects it, and that will give you the best starting point to put into your megajolt that will suit your engine.

That is far more likely to be closer and more useful that any map that someone else could supply that is setup for their engine, unless their engine specs closely match yours..

If you dont have the old dizzy, or really want to start from scratch, A rolling road operator should be able to get you in the ballpack within 15-30 minutes, far quicker than you could do it yourself. or If you really want to try and roll your own advance map from scratch, be prepared to spend quite a few hours on a quiet bit of road with a driver while you fiddle with the laptop.

One of these days I might spend an hour or so writing a detailed proceedure on how to rough in your own map from scratch (I did it for a couple of my cars), but it is a lengthy (hours) process to do it right.. far better to start with your old dizzy map or get an experienced tuner to do it for you.

JT1

Post by JT1 »

Thanks for reply, the car originally ran motronic ignition/fuelling but that is now redundant, i was trying to get something so the car would be driveable to the rolling road and also so that i know everything is wired correctly and working before i go

bernard dominique

Post by bernard dominique »

Hi,motronic 325i

Spockie-Tech

Post by Spockie-Tech »

IIRC, The default map that is in a Megajolt from Factory should be fine to start and drive it to the tuners, provided you dont fang it and push it into high loads :)

JT1

Post by JT1 »

Thanks for the replies i do appreciate it, i will let you know how i get on