MAP not adjusting spark..

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Tocca

MAP not adjusting spark..

Post by Tocca »

Hi guys, first up ill put the spec

Megajolt v4
2.0 Zetec
Twin 45s
Newman Cams and Verniers
etc

Right, the problem I have is that I can load up and read my Megajolt ECU. It shows everything, shows where its at on the map etc. I took it to my rolling road today to have the cams setup and adjust the spark etc. Problem im having is the guy doing the setup put the timing light on to see where it was actually sparking on number 1, its waaaaay off what megajolt says. Even if I adjust anything in megajolt, even load a new map it doesnt change a thing on the timing gun. I click write then flash which I think is the correct way to save it to the ecu?

He told me we need to set the engine and megajolt together so what the engine says the ignition is advanced is also what megajolt says.

Also what should my load values go upto on my 45's? At the moment is 250.. is this correct?

Tocca

Post by Tocca »

Anyone? :(

toenee

Post by toenee »

Coz it's wasted spark he's probably looking at the wrong spark, personally I'd say take it somewhere else.

Load value on a normally aspirated engine should be 100. 100 represents atmospheric pressure at sea level.
I believe 250 is for forced induction engines (turbo/supercharged).

Spockie-Tech

Post by Spockie-Tech »

Change the spark at idle up and then down about 10 degrees in each direction.
That should make enough of a noticeable change in the idle to be able to tell if the MJ is controlling the EDIS directly.

If its not, check the wiring for the SAW signal from the MJ to the EDIS for connectivity.. thats the wire that tells the EDIS how much to advance by (from the MJ

Tocca

Post by Tocca »

Saw signal was at fault. Has someone got a basic map with the correct loads on the side? For example if i go upto 100 how will megajolt know where to "zero" it. As in i dont want to put 10-20-30 etc upto 100 then on idle its at 70...

So basically has anyone got a good Zetec map on Carbs? :)

Also how do i adjust the megajolt to actual engine timing, is there a way to offset megajolt? Because if my engine says its 10degrees advance but megajolt says its 20 how do i get them to say the same thing

Spockie-Tech

Post by Spockie-Tech »

How does your engine "say its at 10 degrees" ? ;)

I assume you mean a timing light on the crank pulley timing notch ?

If its as much as 10 degrees difference (and you are sure your timing mark is correct to the engines TDC), then you should move your EDIS trigger wheels missing-tooth location (or the VR sensors location, although this is normally harder depending on your sensor mount bracket design) to get them closer.

If its only a degree or two out and moving the trigger wheel is hard, then is a "trim" - the "Trigger Offset" function in the Configurator under "Global Controller Options" - http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Op ... Parameters