edis modules burning up

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

bartman360

edis modules burning up

Post by bartman360 »

Ok, I have had the type 1 VW turbocharged 1915 running for about a week on the MegaJolt and playing with the tune, all was well until today. Engine will not start this morning, checked spark.....none. Disconnected the MJ and still no start. Installed a new EDIS module and it started right up with the MJ disconnected. Connected the laptop and was able to read and datalog with engine off but key on. Try to start it with the MJ plugged in, it pops once the dead, burnt module again. Checked all grounds, all good.
So to sum up it runs in limp mode which eliminates the coil, vr sensor and wiring. try to start it with MJ and it blows the edis module. Any ideas anybody? I only have 1 module left!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Bret

DD

Post by DD »

are you running a MAP version or TPS? eighter way it seems that you have somekind of short in the communication between the MJ and the EDIS module.

I suggest you check the pip/saw and shield from the edis module to the MJ. maybe you have a short there. I believe as long as you get no VR signal from the edis MJ will not give something back. thats the reason you can put the car on ign but not running.

If you're running tps you could disconnect the EDIS module from the MJ and play with the trottle just to see if the MJ is reading correct data.