1968 VW Bus install (type 1 engine)

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

david_594

Post by david_594 »

Started on some semi related projects on my bus. The first of which involved getting some replacement exhaust parts and welding on two O2 sensor bungs.

It's all really far downstream in the exhaust system, but its the first location where you get exhaust mixed from all cylinders. One sensor will be for the wideband sensor, and the other plug will be drilled and tapped for an EGT probe.

EGT readings will be be really low this far back in the exhaust system. But I figure they might give me to indication of what changes I am getting when making adjustments to the timing. And the wideband will let me fine tune the jetting on the carb if needed.

And now i'm set for when I make the plunge a throttle body, some injectors, and a full MS setup.

This images shoes the depth the O2 sensor protrudes into the exhaust stream. The section i mounted it to is a small resonator, so the wall is pretty thick in this area which helps to keep the O2 sensor from obstruction the exhaust flow too much.

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Looks good, David.

Humpty

Post by Humpty »

That it does....

david_594

Post by david_594 »

Was forced to get the bus back on the road by the end of the month, so I took her out for a good hour of city driving and she ran perfectly. Not a ton to say about it beyond that.

And here is the end for the engine bay: