Cranking advanced

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

rich_2137

Cranking advanced

Post by rich_2137 »

Hi

How do i check cracking advanced on the megajolt software, and how do i adjust it and what too?, i know thats a lot to ask but the engine it not running smooth at all

any help would be appreciated

thanks
Rich

spandit

Post by spandit »

The cranking advance is the ignition advance that the MJLJ commands during cranking (i.e. when the RPM is low - about 500rpm). It won't affect the smooth running of your engine. You can see what value it's set by with the RPM at zero - the advance gauge should show the figure

rich_2137

Post by rich_2137 »

right got yeah, nice one but i thought that you could fine tune the timing up to a few degrees, im not sure if its right as the motor still runs for a few seconds after i switch it off?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The Megajolt operation guide will show you how to set the cranking advance. As spandit alludes, it's only used during cranking- once the engine is at idle it uses the regular ignition map.

If your engine is still running a short while after you turn it off, you want to make sure all power is cut to the ignition system, as it sounds like it might be running until your fuel lines run out of pressure.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter