instalation

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

mower man

instalation

Post by mower man »

Hi I'm needing some help /guidance, I have obtained a s/h Megajolt system ,I believe it is complete and am planing to use it on a ford 2.1 litre Pinto engine in my kit car .I need to fabricate a mtg brkt for the trigger wheel sensor ,I have the details . I have not got an installation /configurator disc ,can this be down loaded and burnt on to a disc ? ,are there any other needs ? . Easy english replies please,old timer more used to points and condensers ! .Answers eagerly awaited mower man
The older I get the faster I was!

spandit

Post by spandit »

You don't need to burn the software onto a disc - you can download (click the "Downloads" link at the top of this page) it directly onto your computer. There are also links to the installation process so you can get your trigger wheel and sensor mounted correctly

Good luck!

mower man

Post by mower man »

Thanks for the reply ,the reason I asked about burning a disc is that its something I can do on my main computer and have the disc to hand when I aquire a lap top to use in the garage for setting up the system on the car.I dont want to be lugging the big one up and down stairs !.If any one has a disc spare or would make one I would gladly reimburse costs + expenses .You may gather I am not fully conversant with computers as a lot of you guys out there that s the reason for your help and guidance. Nuts and bolts etc no probs but often what to you is simple baffles me completely
The older I get the faster I was!

luxseven

Post by luxseven »

Hi mower man,

The usual resellers apparently don't sell a separate CD. If you have Internet access, you can download it to your PC and/or laptop. You can even copy it to a USB-stick and transfer it to another computer. It's an executable file with an .exe extension. Just feel free to install it wherever you want and as many times as you want. Anyway, if you start to fiddle around, load a map and adapt it to your engine, you will have to study the manual for a while. But it is no rocket science and lots of people can do it without further help. Else you come over here and ask your questions. Remember, there are no silly questions, just silly answers!
Cheers.

Jos
If all else fails, consult the manual.
My blog: http://jacob-jos.blogspot.com/