Engine Mfg: Skoda
Engine Code: 742.12
Cylinders: 4
Displacement (cc): 1174
Rev Limit: 5200
TPS or MAP: MAP
Boosted or Normally Aspirated: N/A
If Boosted- max Pressure (KPa):
Modifications: Lightened engine pulley and flywheel, Bosch in-line electric fuel pump, Malpassi rising-rate fuel pressure regulator, Daewoo Damas fuel pump relay, Dacia-Renault inertia cut-off switch, Daewoo Cielo (Nexia) cut-off oil pressure switch.
Chassis: Sedan
Notes:
Attachments
skoda2.mjlj
Well.... it's aliveeee! Have good comunications via Konig Electronic cable 146/2 , but I have some troubles with maps: hard cold starting and, worst at all, when I push very shortly throtle pedal occurs missfires in intake - engine tends to stop.
(801 Bytes) Downloaded 733 times
Here are mechanical and vacuum graphs (B & C) for Skoda distributor (max.3000RPM).
Here are mechanical and vacuum graphs (B & C) for Skoda distributor (max.3000RPM).
curbe avans skoda120.jpg (90.47 KiB) Viewed 6844 times

fenderstrat536

Post by fenderstrat536 »

This is coming from a novice when looking at these, but I wonder if these maps are solely for the distributor and are not taking into account for the base timing set when adjusting the distributor itself. If so you could probably throw a few more degrees on the first column of the map in an attempt to match these stock maps, assuming you have a base timing of say 10 degrees.
Also have you checked the motor with a timing light to check what you are seeing in the MJLJR config is matching what is being shown while using the timing light. I found this was easiest just setting a map to be all 10 degrees so it wouldn't be moving around at all when while idling
Guessing this is running a carburetor, could it be going lean when revving the engine? ie: the accelerator pump isn't functioning correctly

autoreplica

Post by autoreplica »

Checkin' more again today and found leads from cylinders 2 and 4 was reversed :shock:. It's running very well now, have good starting at 5deg. static advance. more vacuum at idle (35kPa) and show must go on!
Correct firing order is:

coil 1.....cyl.1
coil 2.....cyl.3
coil 4.....cyl.4
coil 3.....cyl.2

New map is here and waiting for a road test.
Attachments
skoda1.mjlj
(792 Bytes) Downloaded 713 times