User output problem.

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Lee James Hunter

User output problem.

Post by Lee James Hunter »

Ok so i have a ford coolant temp sensor setup & working showing engine temp on the MJL-jr software. I have wired the fan control relay to user output 1 as shown in the installation & operation guide, I have set it to operate above 92 deg c but & here's the problem when the MJL-jr is powered off the unitis stays on & is still being powered on by the fan relay signal wire on the user output 1. I know its that because when the relay signal wire is disconected it then powers down. Its the newer megajolt E unit without the ability to swap the ic uln2003 chip if this is the problem! Is there a board mod i need to do!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello -

Does this happen on a different user output?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Lee James Hunter

Hi Brent. Yes have tried all four outputs but they all do the same! I have inspected the board for any rouge solder but its clean & everything looks in order. I do have a new identical Mjl-jr unit which I'm going to try later on in the week, if this cures the problem then it must be a faulty chip? The outputs seem to work but they still power up the unit for some reason! changing the chip is going to be a bit tricky I think.

Lee James Hunter

Ok sussed it, we connected the 12v feed to the fan relay to an ignition 12v supply & this fixed the problem. So you cannot connect the user input relay to a permanent 12v supply because it will power up the mjljr unit when the ignition is switched off.