Megajolt connection help

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

asbohotrodder

Megajolt connection help

Post by asbohotrodder »

I have already posted this in the operation section so MODS if this is in wrng place - sorry.

I have a version 3 megajolt - I have wired the megajlt unit in as described and connected to PC - i cant get the computer to recognise the megajolt at all. i then re checked my wiring - and it seems ok - i put a test light on it - i definetly have 12 volts going in but if i put a light on the earth lead it doesnt light even with igniton turned on? should it or will it only do so here with the engine running? - basically i am wondering if the computer is not picking up the megajolt because it is not working or is it because of a connection prob between the computer and megajolt?? any help much appreciated. I am using a serial port lead not usb - this is driving me mad! thanks - Matt

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Do you have the Megajolt connected to the engine, controlling ignition? If so, you can put a timing light to check if it's adjusting ignition advance while the engine is running.

Other than that, you can test it on the bench with a 9v battery into the unit. Make sure you are using the version 3.2.1 software, and ensure you have the COM port set correctly, according to the setting in device manager.

Let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

asbohotrodder

Post by asbohotrodder »

hi - yea it is connected to engine. Sorry for the stupid questions but new to this - i have version 3.2.1 installed.

i am now back off to garage to have a play see if can get it going - like i say i defo have 12v going in but doesnt appear to be much life from the earth wire with ignition turned on, or should this be the case?

i open device manager and it lists the 2 com ports but the device manager doesnt show which one is connected to the megajolt - sorry again for the stupid questions but this is driving me mad - thanks for your help.

asbohotrodder

Post by asbohotrodder »

still the same - got engine running but cant get computer to recognise it - tried both serial ports. now gonna put timing light on engine see what its doing but im not sure the unit is wrking because like i say i hd n life from the earth with ignition on? any ideas? thanks again

asbohotrodder

Post by asbohotrodder »

i have put a timing light on the engine and it is moving so the MJ is working - but i still cant get the computer to recognise it - any ideas folks? - thanks again

asbohotrodder

Post by asbohotrodder »

tried another computer and we are back in the game ;-)

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Great! thank you for the update.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter