Ignition cuts out intermittently

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Booton

Ignition cuts out intermittently

Post by Booton »

Hi

I've been running MJLv3 for a while with no problems. In the last couple of weeks the car has developed a problem where the ignition cuts out whilst driving along for a few seconds, stone dead for a bit followed by massive backfire once the exhaust sensor gets hold of the unburnt fuel then it comes back to life.

Most evident when cruising at 4000rpm (4 speed box) for a few mins. I have shift lights which don't come on so it's not hitting a false rev limit. AFR is good. Electronic tachometer connected to MJL flat lines when it does it. I have double checked connections.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers
Nick

cng1

Post by cng1 »

Check that your crank sensor mounting or trigger wheel hasn't got knocked slightly out of position. That sort of thing often manifests itself in the way that you describe.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Also, make sure your sensor bracket is extremely rigid. any excessive harmonic vibrations around a certain RPM will cause the system to misfire around that range.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Booton

Post by Booton »

Gents

Thanks for the replies. I've changed to a different bracket and so far so good, no further problems. Thanks for the great advice

Cheers
Nick

chris_1300

Post by chris_1300 »

I have exactly the same symptoms you describe, however, mine seems to be ok with the ignition retarded. Have you had any problems since?