Looking for a Map for a 2.1 Pinto

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

capri_turbo

Looking for a Map for a 2.1 Pinto

Post by capri_turbo »

Spec as follows.

2 litre pinto overbored by 2.25mm. Fully lightened and balanced, running with a fully ported and polished stage 3 head 44.45mm inlets and 38.1 exhaust valves, piper 285 cam, weber 38DGAS.

Currently running at 160BHP @ 6100RPM with a standard dizzy. Looking for a map that would suit this. The only maps I have been able to find so far, use a TPS... I'll be using a MAP sensor.

Cheers

Col

MartinM

I doubt you will find a map

Post by MartinM »

I doubt you will find a map that can be taken as is - with such a high state of tune, I think you should start with a really basic map that gets it to start and run reasonably (ie 10 BTDC at idle rising to, say, 35BTDC at 4000rpm) and get it on a rolling road straight away, with someone who knows their stuff.

I'd hope/expect that the MJLJ will make quite a (positive!) difference

(No responsibility taken for those advance figures above, BTW!)

capri_turbo

cheers

Post by capri_turbo »

I figure that I'll start with a map for a standard engine and work up from there. Can't afford a session on the rollers just yet, but seeing as it runs pretty well with the standard dizzy curve, it can only get better with Magajolt. I'll probably start by mapping the original dizzys mechanical advance curve and then add the MAP when I can get measurements of manifold vacuum etc.

PioneerX

2D Mode

Post by PioneerX »

What you can do initally is use a timing light to get your current mechanical curve and put this into the MJLJ. Running the MJLJ in 2D mode (ie without a vacuum line connected and place your timing values in the map at around 100kpa (atmosphere). This should allow you to run the car on the MJLJ until you can get a rolling road session in.