Megajolt for motorcycle? Is there any information out there

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

jamesbekman

Megajolt for motorcycle? Is there any information out there

Post by jamesbekman »

Ive searched for a while on the site and could only find a few posts about motorcycle application that were vague in regards to the basic questions I have.

Ive installed the megajolt system on my MGB and Im looking into the application of using megajolt on a motorcycle (1971 Honda CB 500) but Im not even sure where to get general information about it. From learning how to mount a VR sensor and say a 36-1 tooth wheel to replace points, which VR sensor etc... Examples from other motorcycle conversions. From there I would want to move ahead with megasquirt and fit some throttle bodies to the motorcycle but that will come later.

It seems more people with at least megasquirt and bikes are just using them to be able to program their already EFI equipped bikes. Im looking to do what I did with the MGB on the Honda 71 CB 500 and put something on there that was never intended to help the motor run at its best.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

James

P.S. Thanks Brent for all your help in the past

cng1

Post by cng1 »

The biggest impediment to running Megajolt on a bike engine is the rev limit on the EDIS-4 modules. Pretty much all bike engines exceed the rev limits of the modules.

Chris
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com