megajolt cuts out intermittently

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

asbohotrodder

megajolt cuts out intermittently

Post by asbohotrodder »

I have had a megajolt unit installed in my car for a few months and admitedly the car hasnt done lots of miles. but for first few hundred miles all seemed fine. then whilst sitting on dual carriageway way at around 3500 rpm the rev counter started flickering back to zero and back then its ok for a few miles before doing same thing again. - The engine doesnt cut out but can feel the timing move and engine holding back before rev counter starts working and all feels fine again - i have checked and re checked connections and all seems fine - i run car up in workshop and it seemed fine for about half an hour. Any ideas folks?? any help appreciated - Matt

asbohotrodder

Post by asbohotrodder »

anyone?? ;-0)))

Lazeum

Post by Lazeum »

The answer that come back the most is a VR sensor mount not solid enough or too far away from the wheel.
It could come also from improper VR sensor shielding.
BEsides those items, I would say loose connections but if you've checked, it might be something else.
Mathieu

asbohotrodder

Post by asbohotrodder »

traced it back to faulty kill switch of all things

Lazeum

Post by Lazeum »

Good to hear.
I'm wondering how we could have guessed? :D
Mathieu