Hi... Everyone

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

Turbo_Pete

Hi... Everyone

Post by Turbo_Pete »

Hi my names Pete.

Been planning to bike carb my Vauxhall 20XE Redtop and run it on a Megajolt for ages... finally getting ready to start.. so thought I'd say hello before the " help it isnt working" threads start... lol!!

Whilst doing endless searches on the subject and coming across the nixie and LCD display's on youtube, Im also building and converting code for this to go with it...

Its Arduino based with touch screen, sd card etc...

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Wow that's awesome Pete! Would love to learn more how it works. I've done some Arduino hacking (http://sorcery.smugmug.com/2013/01/30/p ... h-arduino/), but nothing with a fancy screen.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Turbo_Pete!

That's awesome and super sexy! do share what development board / system you're using with that. It looks like you're interfacing to the Megajolt system? So cool.

How about a digital dash for RaceCapture/Pro too? :D
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Turbo_Pete

Post by Turbo_Pete »

Hi,

I've converted the code used by Dave Whitty, who in turn used the Megajolt code from Brett Paulins nixie tube project.

Nixie Tube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHiYCZkAq5o

ST7565 LCD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6C17DrPDo (check the links for a more detailed How2 and the open source code)

Im using a mega 2560, shield and 3.2" screen for development...

Due to the size of the code I'll be using a ATmega 1284 mcu in the final build...

I've been messing around with the code for the sdcard recently and will add some extra pics now I've figured out the macro function on the digi camera!

Future plans include - looking into an OBD/GPS interface with a full on digidash display using a 5 or 7" display for c20let powered project.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Awesome! love the graphics. Keep us posted!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Turbo_Pete

Post by Turbo_Pete »

Finally found some spare time to continue with the SDcard interface.... Been messing around with Bitmaps and converting them to RAW format files to use the card!!

Still loads of things to explore with this, like possible data logging and the touch screen function... working through it gradually!
8)

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Whoah! That screen and graphics looks awesome! Great work!
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs

Turbo_Pete

Post by Turbo_Pete »

rdoherty wrote:Whoah! That screen and graphics looks awesome! Great work!
Thanks... Turned out better than I even expected! :D