Autox auto start/stop with speed and Accel G's.

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

redsts2

Autox auto start/stop with speed and Accel G's.

Post by redsts2 »

Hopefully someone doesn't mind with a little help on a script. My Lua scripting inst quite up to par yet. I see the scripting in the documentation that shows how to start/stop logging with speed and I think I need a variation on that.

What I would like to try is:
1) Start logging when speed gets to a prescribed speed (say 10mph) OR acceleration G's get to a prescribed value (say 0.3 G's). What I'm not sure about is how to add the OR command in the script or which Accel parameter to use (getAccel, getAccelChannel, getAccelConfig, or something else?). The idea being, in the dry, logging would always start at the very beginning of the run based on G's and if it would happen to rain, logging would start based on speed.
2) Stop logging when speed drops below a prescribed speed (say 5mph).

Thanks

Jaynen

Post by Jaynen »

Only issue with stopping based on speed could be a slow hairpin, an issue on course, a spin etc could stop the recording entirely.

I know Petrel Data's unit combines this with a GPS coordinate tag

redsts2

Post by redsts2 »

Yeah, and I've actually had that happen with a spin on my DL1. The run gets broken up into two pieces. It takes an extra few minutes sorting thru the files with a codriver.

For some reason I couldn't even get the autostart based on speed to work. I typed it in exactly as shown in the operation guide that shows 7 simple lines of code.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

redsts2:

Definitely try again, and make sure the script is written by reading it back again after writing, and power cycling the unit. Are you seeing the GPS locked on (rapid flashing) when you're testing it?

You can also try something very simple, like immediate logging by simply writing this script, and nothing else:

startLogging()

Let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Jaynen

Post by Jaynen »

How would you even set start/stop coordinates on the Race Capture Pro unit without having to have a PC plugged into it? As driving your car to the timing lights is not a workable solution at most events

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

@Jaynen - exactly. The answser to that will be the mobile app. That project is on the front burner now that we got the main indiegogo perks fulfilled. Bluetooth module hardware design is complete; now on to completing a basic set of features for the app, which will include being able to set target coordinates.

Basically, you can consder the mobile app as a functionally equivalent version of RaceAnalyzer + more: configuration, analysis + dashboard.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

redsts2

Post by redsts2 »

Thanks Brent, I'll try that startLogging() script. Seems like a real simple test. And yes, the GPS was locked on and it actually locked on much faster than what the DL1 did. I did manual starts and stops over the weekend and everything seemed to work flawlessly.
brentp wrote:redsts2:

Definitely try again, and make sure the script is written by reading it back again after writing, and power cycling the unit. Are you seeing the GPS locked on (rapid flashing) when you're testing it?

You can also try something very simple, like immediate logging by simply writing this script, and nothing else:

startLogging()

Let us know what you find out!