Starting problems!

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Moggie

Starting problems!

Post by Moggie »

Hi, Can someone give me some pointers please! Installing a Megajolt in my Zetec powered Minor.
However getting nothing from the initial config. ie EDIS, CoilPack and crank Sensor - haven't even got to the Megajolt yet
We've gone through the wiring and everything appears to be ok, EDIS and Coil Pack were supplied as checked, and I have the crank sensor running off the standard Zetec engine configuration using standard mounting points so all should be good BUT no spark (tried reversing crank sensor wires to no avail)
Tearing our hair out so any suggestions? Alternatively any Megajolt whizzes anywhere near Colchester and fancy earning some money?!!

Cheers
:D

cng1

Post by cng1 »

Two things to do that we find often cure things for people:

1) Check that the power feeds to the EDIS/Coilpack etc are live during cranking. It is all to easy to pick a power feed that is switched off during cranking.

2) Give the battery a good overnight charge and that you have close to 11Volts, if not higher during cranking.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

Moggie

Post by Moggie »

Thanks for the pointers......the beast lives!!! Looks like there was an earthing issue from battery (rear mounted. Stuck it in the engine bay and re routede the earth et voila!!
Right megajolt to finish wiring in and we're about there
Thanks
Happy days are here again!!!! :lol: