Different systems

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

grahama

Different systems

Post by grahama »

Hi all, next newbie question.

I have seen megajolts for sale using different edits packs, 4/8 etc, and they state they are for specific cars, rover v 8 or ford Zetec.

It was my understanding that megajolt was a 'one fits all' type of thing. Is this not so and a different system is required for your car, or at least a different software set up ???

Many thanks,

Graham

cng1

Post by cng1 »

The ECU can be used on any engine. If it says that it is for a particular one that probably just means that they have loaded an ignition map onto it for that engine. You can change the ignition map to another one yourself. The only thing that really differs from engine to engine is the EDIS module. On a 4-cylinder engine you need EDIS-4, on a 6-cylinder EDIS-6 and on a V8 EDIS-8 but other than that for Megajolt use the EDIS modules are not vehicle-specific.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

grahama

Post by grahama »

Thanks Cgn1,

so for example if I wanted to run megajolt on a Nissan micra I would purchase the map from Autosport labs and load it onto the megajolt unit ??

sorry if a little basic but I am very new to the management side of things.

Graham

cng1

Post by cng1 »

There's no purchase required to change the map - you just do it! The software is free and the mapping cable should come with the ECU.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com