Rover V8 14 cux Install Help!!!!

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

smartin436

Rover V8 14 cux Install Help!!!!

Post by smartin436 »

I'm close to wrapping up my 3.9 Rover V8 swap in my 77 MGB and would like to run Megajolt but have some questions. I have searched till my eyes are crossed and have not found the answers to my questions so I thought I would post them.
Background.......I initially broke the engine in with a Carb and the original dizzy. I then installed the Ford EDIS 8 and the rest of the hardware and got it running that way...........................I installed my 14CUX injection system and got the bugs worked out of it yesterday. I did this step on the original dizzy.
Now I would like to get the 14CUX EFI and the Ford EDIS running together, then I'll order my Megajolt and install.
My questions are; 1. The 14 CUX needs a signal from the coil to tell the ecu that the engine is running. Where would I get this signal from?
2. What about driving the Dolphin Gauges tach that I have? Do I need the tach driver or will it connect into the Ford EDIS?
I very much look foward to wrapping up the project. Hope to do my first test drive within a couple of weeks......

cng1

Post by cng1 »

You will need a tacho adaptor to feed the 14CUX from the coils, otherwise you'll have spark but no fuel!
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com