RaceAnalyzer locks up

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

gizmodo

RaceAnalyzer locks up

Post by gizmodo »

Every time I try to view the sensors in RaceAnalyzer, it locks up. I currently have TPS, RPM and GPS hooked up. I got it to work one time when I set the RPM logging to 1 hz, but it hasn't worked since. I don't have an SD card in so I can't check to see if the unit is logging, I will try that tonight.

GTIspirit

Re: RaceAnalyzer locks up

Post by GTIspirit »

gizmodo wrote:Every time I try to view the sensors in RaceAnalyzer, it locks up. I currently have TPS, RPM and GPS hooked up.
Try it with the "GPS Installed" box unclicked. I noticed that my sensor live view also froze after I clicked the "GPS Installed" box and tried sensor live view, with the same configuration that previously worked, except for the GPS installed box. I didn't have time to make a config change download and try this theory, so please report back if this fixes it for you or not.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Gizmodo,

what version of windows are you running? is it XP? We have seen reports of Windows XP users seeing a lock-up on the data monitoring screen.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

I am using Windows7 32 bit.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

32 bit windows 7. check. time to fire up a VM!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

Is there anything I can do to help? I'm a software engineer. Mainly web and desktop, but I do have experience with embedded as well.

gizmodo

Re: RaceAnalyzer locks up

Post by gizmodo »

GTIspirit wrote:
gizmodo wrote:Every time I try to view the sensors in RaceAnalyzer, it locks up. I currently have TPS, RPM and GPS hooked up.
Try it with the "GPS Installed" box unclicked. I noticed that my sensor live view also froze after I clicked the "GPS Installed" box and tried sensor live view, with the same configuration that previously worked, except for the GPS installed box. I didn't have time to make a config change download and try this theory, so please report back if this fixes it for you or not.
I can confirm unchecking this box fixes the problem.