MPX4250AP MAP sensor availability.

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

capri_turbo

MPX4250AP MAP sensor availability.

Post by capri_turbo »

New to this so bare with me. I am getting together all the bits that I require for this system and I am having trouble getting the MPX4250AP sensor. I work in the electronics industry in the UK and one of the major suppliers "RS" states the unit as being "discontinued". This device was originally made by Motorola and is apparently now being made by Freescale. However the unit is on "back order" as I have found out when contacting Freescale direct about a free sample of the device for "work" lol. The expected delivery date for the device is end of April 06.

Just wanted to make people aware of a possible supply problem.

Col

16v_mk1_golf

mpx4250AP or MPX4250GP?

Post by 16v_mk1_golf »

I cant find the MPX4250AP pressure transducer here in the uk for a sensible project price:) However the MPX4250GP is readily available and is basically the same part. It is available from Freescale.com and if you are cheeky, as I am ask for some free samples, which the duely obliged! 2 days later I have a couple to play with.
The pressure curve vs output voltage is virtually the same.

for the 4250AP
Vs=5.1 P= 0>250kPa Vout=Vs*(0.004*P-0.004)

for the 4250GP
Vs=5.1 P= 0>250kPa Vout=Vs*(0.00369*P+0.004)

.....oh yes, and they were free, the best price!

All are available through Farnell... but shipped from the US.
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/ ... =gensearch

Anyone else with any thoughts?

Johnathan

MartinM

This could be an excellent

Post by MartinM »

This could be an excellent find!

Shame the UK Farnell web site search facility seems to be down the pub with its mates this Friday night - just returns a blank page :-(

What's the proper (non-FOC!) price?

It's a bit of a PITA that the supply of two critical components for the MJLJ is really difficult in the UK - the 4250 and the Molex connector....

capri_turbo

I got an MPX4250AP f.o.c.

Post by capri_turbo »

I got an MPX4250AP f.o.c. from Freescale, but I had to go through work to get it as a sample. They asked quite a few questions too... may try and get another one at a later date, but they end to be close to £20 in the UK...IF you can find one...

I was also very lucky to be able to get 2 of the Molex connectors and a set of pins f.o.c too... again... lots of questions were asked and they had to be shipped in from the USA too...

Paul f

The Molex connectors are

Post by Paul f »

The Molex connectors are available from both RS and Farnells, the main problem is the pins are only supplied by the hundered but I have found the cheapest way to get them is to buy a 20 pin ATX connector from Maplins and use the pins from that.

16v_mk1_golf

molex connectors

Post by 16v_mk1_golf »

molex connectors are available from Farnel as well.

Do a search for Molex mini fit 14

This will thow up a few, you need the header and the recepticle. Working out which pins to use is the challenge though. I am waiting for the connector, when it arrives early next week I shall have a look at work for pins.

Farnel Pn's are;
9963243 - 14 pin Recepticle, about 25p

9963421 - 14 pin Header, about £2.40

...all are stated as stock.

Johnathan

MartinM

I'm sure I looked on Farnell

Post by MartinM »

I'm sure I looked on Farnell for the Molexes and couldn't find them - well spotted.

So in summary, the MPX4250AP is available from Farnell UK at £13.95 ea, plus £12.95 special delivery from the US (however many), all plus VAT. So about £31.60 for one, and £19.43 each if buying five :-(

You can also get them from www.digikey.com. If you order in GBP and buy 10 (to avoid punitive shipping and handling) they work out at £10.50 each plus whatever C&E/Inland Revenue (whatever they're called this week) charge you for import duty (17.5%?)

Anyone know if there are any (electrically) equivalent sensors that you can get from a scrapyard - they might have to be mounted externally, but they might be a lot cheaper. I'm starting the hunt...

AFRacing

I have 10 in stock for £21

Post by AFRacing »

I have 10 in stock for £21 delivered.

[email protected]

thanks

AFRacing LTD - www.afracing.com
AFRacing LTD - www.afracing.com

Magnolia

Source that is not out of stock in USA

Post by Magnolia »

Via e-mail, http://www.diyautotune.com assured me that they have "lots of them" in stock.