Location for EDIS

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

damunk

Location for EDIS

Post by damunk »

Can I have both megajolt and edis module in the glove compartment? I find it will be easier for me to get the wires through into the engine bay this way as there's a rubber grommet ready to be poked out in the engine bay.

Thanks

bmcdaniel

Post by bmcdaniel »

I have the EDIS and Megajolt sitting next to each other inside on the passenger side firewall. Makes for a short PIP / SAW cable and easy to ground the units together.

damunk

Post by damunk »

bmcdaniel wrote:I have the EDIS and Megajolt sitting next to each other inside on the passenger side firewall. Makes for a short PIP / SAW cable and easy to ground the units together.
Does firewall have any openings to allow air pass through? As glove compartment does not.
When drilling the hole through to get cables in engine , "I could maybe drill more holes for some heat to exit?"

Thanks.

bmcdaniel

Post by bmcdaniel »

You'll be fine without holes. Mine even has carpet covering half of the module.

damunk

Post by damunk »

bmcdaniel wrote:You'll be fine without holes. Mine even has carpet covering half of the module.
Thanks. I can now start preparing wires.