Trigger Wheel angle missing tooth

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

damunk

Trigger Wheel angle missing tooth

Post by damunk »

The trigger wheel & sensors miss the chassis. Quite tight though.

EDIS4:
Is A or B right before I get tack welding done?
I can't get my head around it.
Attachments
rightwrong2.jpg
rightwrong2.jpg (61.91 KiB) Viewed 7747 times
Image003 (6).jpg
Image003 (6).jpg (74.97 KiB) Viewed 7752 times
Image003 (7).jpg
Image003 (7).jpg (43.5 KiB) Viewed 7752 times

bassboy3313

Post by bassboy3313 »

B should correct since you want the sensor to be 90 degrees (9 teeth) behind the missing tooth. Hopefully someone with a little more experience can chime in, but that is how I remember it.

damunk

Post by damunk »

bassboy3313 wrote:B should correct since you want the sensor to be 90 degrees (9 teeth) behind the missing tooth. Hopefully someone with a little more experience can chime in, but that is how I remember it.
Can someone confirm to help me please. Is the aim to tell the megajolt that missing tooth is 90 degrees about to hit the top spot.

bmcdaniel

Post by bmcdaniel »

The easy way, set the engine to 90* BTDC on the #1 cylinder compression stroke and then align the sensor to the missing tooth.

toenee

Post by toenee »

Both diagram A and B are 90 degrees after TDC, the VR sensor needs rotating 180 degrees.

damunk

Post by damunk »

toenee wrote:Both diagram A and B are 90 degrees after TDC, the VR sensor needs rotating 180 degrees.
The VR sensor is firmly mounted in that position.

I just need to mount the trigger wheel correct onto the pulley.

Need to make sure which one is right.

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Going through the installation guide it should be option B:

1.Mount the sensor in any convenient way that simplifies bracket design and accommodates mounting points on the engine block.
2.Turn the crankshaft to precise Top Dead Center (TDC) for cylinder #1.
3.Position the timing wheel onto the crank pulley with the missing tooth aligned to the sensor.
4.Now offset the the timing wheel position:
If your engine turns clockwise when facing the crank pulley, rotate the timing wheel clockwise "N" Teeth.
If your engine turns counter-clockwise when facing the crank pulley, rotate the timing wheel counter-clockwise "N" Teeth.
5.mark this final location of the sensor wheel onto the crank pulley- then weld or bolt timing wheel into place as appropriate.

And so thinks me :wink: .

Alex

damunk

Post by damunk »

Alex B wrote:Going through the installation guide it should be option B:

1.Mount the sensor in any convenient way that simplifies bracket design and accommodates mounting points on the engine block.
2.Turn the crankshaft to precise Top Dead Center (TDC) for cylinder #1.
3.Position the timing wheel onto the crank pulley with the missing tooth aligned to the sensor.
4.Now offset the the timing wheel position:
If your engine turns clockwise when facing the crank pulley, rotate the timing wheel clockwise "N" Teeth.
If your engine turns counter-clockwise when facing the crank pulley, rotate the timing wheel counter-clockwise "N" Teeth.
5.mark this final location of the sensor wheel onto the crank pulley- then weld or bolt timing wheel into place as appropriate.

And so thinks me :wink: .

Alex
thanks Alex