open street map integration?

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

jerjozwik

open street map integration?

Post by jerjozwik »

so after logging some mountain drives with my racecapture pro i looked at the gps window.
while cool to look at, i long for more context.

so i have a suggestion. you may or may not know about the open source global mapping project called the open street map.

openstreetmap.org

i have done much work on that map, it is for the most part very complete. i even updated and cleaned up most of the california race tracks. so those are up there as well.

anyhow just wondering if it would be possible to use the tiles, or even the rendering methods in the GPS window within race analyzer.

perhaps there is another tool i should be using instead?

GTIspirit

Post by GTIspirit »

Sounds like you want to do this ;)

I'm not sure that the GPS is accurate enough to show if the car clipped the apex just right, or was one meter off the apex. Not much difference to the GPS, big difference to the driver and track times.

More details here for those interested:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/cou ... ick_drive/

There are a lot of sites where GPX data can be uploaded to view your tracks. Seems to me it would just be a matter of exporting that GPX data from the RCPro datalog, or?

LOL, someone save me from myself. I hate when pictures are sized off the screen, but I only know how to make the linkie, not how to size the display :(

jerjozwik

Post by jerjozwik »

im just suggesting, why export? when someone smarter than me can program it into the viewing software.