Multiple Tach Signal outputs

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

bladerunner80

Multiple Tach Signal outputs

Post by bladerunner80 »

I'm getting ready to install the megajolt system in my bug and I'm adding a Innovate Motorsports LM-2 Air/Fuel Ratio gauge/data logger to the mix as well. I purchased the tach adapter from Autosport labs, will it be ok to connect both my data logger and my VDO tachometer to the signal output from the tach adapter?

Thanks!

cng1

Post by cng1 »

It will probably work but I'd recommend keeping things separated if possible. Why not feed the Innovate from the Megajolt or EDIS tach output?
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

bladerunner80

Post by bladerunner80 »

Thanks for the reply. I just assumed it would be easier to wire the tach via the optional tach output board, from reading, it seems there are a lot of people who have trouble getting a proper signal via the EDIS/Megajolt, but maybe I'm understanding it correctly. I'll take your suggestion and do it that way, then if I run into problems, I'll use the tach output board I bought.