Driver Temp

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

parid

Driver Temp

Post by parid »

Has anyone got a working driver bio-metrics setup yet? My ChumpCar team is going to attempt an August race at vegas motor speedway. Heat is going to be our real challenge. Getting our rotary to finish is going to be a miracle. I'd also like to pay attention to our drivers too. I'd love to be able to watch their temps from the pits and pull them in if they start over heating. I have noticed that a lot of people aren't great at noticing when they start over heating (we can work on that).

Watching Quali for Malaysia GP, DC did a piece on how he used to prep for a hot race. His trainer had him swallow a pill that did internal temp monitoring and wirelessly transmitted sensor data back to the telemetry system.

That sounds great, but who knows whats involved and how much that would cost. Any budget options out there?

cng1

Post by cng1 »

The temperature sensing pills are single use (for fairly obvious reasons) and both they and the receiver are expensive pieces of kit. The usual way to do temperature monitoring of this kind without the radio telemetry pills would be with a rectal probe but I can't imagine that your drivers will be too keen on that :shock:
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Armpit temperature sensor might be more feasible. Another indicator that might be useful is heart rate as an indicator or stress.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter