AFR sensor

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

jakekooser

AFR sensor

Post by jakekooser »

If I want to use a wide-band AFR sensor, would this seem like a good setup?

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/Zt-3/ ... etup.shtml

What have you guys used with success?

Thanks

jakekooser

Post by jakekooser »

Anybody? Is this thing on?

gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

I use the ZT-2 and have been very happy with it. Zeitronix makes some really nice products. One word of caution on that ZT-3 is it doesn't log RPM. That may not be a big deal if you are going to use it with the RCP, without that an AFR log without RPM, TPS, etc. is pretty useless.

jakekooser

Post by jakekooser »

How does it log RPM and the other functions? Remember, my car is stupid - no OBD at all.

doing some re-reading on their page after that initial response. Can you get other data from the ZT-2 into the CAN bus or otherwise to the RCP? That's my other main question right now, I want to use the RCP to monitor some engine function but not tie everything up for future expansion.

gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

All of the things I log with the ZT-2 are through sensors, nothing is over OBDII. In my car the RPM comes from a wire going to the coil via a tach adapter for the ZT-2. For the RCP I am using the really neat CoilX from Autosport Labs. I don't use the RCP to monitor the car, I use a DiabloSport Trinity for that. With the seven analog inputs the RCP provides I would think you could get a pretty good view of your data. About the only thing you'll be able to get out of the ZT-2/ZT-3 would be the analog AFR signal. Since you're planning on using the RCP, I wouldn't spend the extra money on the ZT-2, the ZT-3 will do what you need feeding AFR signal to the RCP.

jakekooser

Post by jakekooser »

Cool. That's the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thank you.