Race Analyzer time display bug

Report any thing that looks like a bug or problem in the system here

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

toga94m

Race Analyzer time display bug

Post by toga94m »

I'm just starting to use the hardware I bought in December, having fun playing around with the whole system. I'm not asking for a quick fix to this issue - don't want to pull your coding efforts off the new app. However, something I've found...

The time display in Race Analyzer (1.1.15) of an imported datalog isn't accurate. I first noticed the problem when reviewing an autocross run which I knew was about 32 seconds, but Race Analyzer said it was 45ish... I'm logging accel/yaw at 30Hz, GPS position/speed at 10Hz, GPS time at 1Hz. Here's a logfile header :
"AccelX"|"G"|30,"AccelY"|"G"|30,"AccelZ"|"G"|30,"Yaw"|"Deg_Sec"|30, "Latitude"|"Deg"|10,"Longitude"|"Deg"|10,"Speed"|"MPH"|10,"Time"|"Time"|1,"Distance"|"miles"|10

When I import this logfile into Race Analyzer, and hit the >| button to go to the end of the timeline, the timer shows 1:32.367 (about 92 seconds). My logfile (in notepad or Excel) is 2799 lines long (plus header) which would imply a duration of 2799/30 = 93.3 seconds. However, the GPS-sourced TIME column shows first and last timestamps (HHMMSS.SSS format) of 183024.703 and 183134.297 for about 70 seconds elapsed in GPS time.

Not every row has all data items - so even though accel is logging at 30Hz, I'm seeing some additional rows (without accel data) inserted for the other data items, so the 1Hz TIME updates are logged every 40 rows. That 40/30 ratio correlates with the indicated elapsed time vs GPS time (93/70 ~= 1.33 = 40/30).

Brent - if this triggers an "Oh, right!" moment and a 2-minute fix, I'll leave it to you. Otherwise I could start learning the source code in an attempt to help debug & develop.

Tom

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Watch for a potential fix in the V2 firmware and new app. Timing has been improved in the new firmware, and the concept of playback / analysis will be different in the new app as well.

Stay tuned!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter